Junior Faculty Awards
The governing board of the Western Decision Sciences Institute (WDSI) has approved funding for a number of $500 awards to support junior faculty (tenure-track faculty) to attend the 2018 WDSI annual meeting.
We are delighted to announce the five winners of these awards:
- Yashar Dehdashti of Texas Wesleyan University,
Galia Novakova of Sofia University,
Zheng Yang of CSU Dominguez Hills,
Spyridon Samonas of CSU Long Beach, and
Yertai Tania of CSU Fresno.
To all these awardees, our heartfelt congratulations. On behalf of the WDSI Board, we take this opportunity to thank the selection committee for the thorough work that they have done, which was comprised of
- Mahyar Amouzegar, Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, Freeport McMoRan Distinguished Professor of Logistics, The University of New Orleans,
- John Bell, Professor, Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management, University of Tennessee,
- Debbie Gilliard, Chair, Department of Management, Metropolitan State University of Denver.
The final award of $500 is contingent on final acceptance of their papers and their registering and attending the conference. A check of $500 for they will be presented by WDSI Treasurer, Professor Sheldon Smith of Utah Valley University, during the WDSI 2018 Business Luncheon at noon on April 6, 2018, at the last day of our conference.
- Tenure-track faculty member with less than six years of service,
- Must be attending the WDSI 2018 meeting and have a paper to appear in the proceedings to receive the award.
- Past awardees are not eligible.
- One page application which must include a short statement detailing how the presentation at the WDSI meeting will promote greater discourse in the applicant’s professional community (no supporting documents will be considered).
- Application must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than October 30, 2017.
Selection Criteria: Evaluation of the narrative statement. Preference will be given to first-time WDSI meeting attendees.
Award Announcement and Disbursement: Award decisions will be made by December 15, 2017. The award will be presented to the recipient at the 2018 WDSI meeting.